Decade after decade we see how the planet deteriorates and it seems that there is only one irreversible destiny. Since the 80s, however, concern has increased and largely thanks to the publication of various highly relevant documents such as the one presented in 1980 by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN), Titulado World Conservation Strategy, organization that in association with the UNEP and WWF, launched a global alert that denounced how human activity, industrial and predatory of natural resources, was leaving indelible marks on the planet, because in the previous 30 years, humanity had entered an accelerated rate of devastation that threatened to cross the limits of the planet. That document and others were the first to establish patterns of behavior that would help the planet to regenerate., recover, thanks to the intervention of society, calling on nations to establish serious conservation policies.
THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENTAL LANDSCAPE
Today we see how the situation of the planet has deteriorated substantially, however to the extreme of this reality, we also see organizations that for several years have been becoming aware of the situation, at the same time that government policies are being developed that put them in line with respect to their responsibilities with society and the environment, but stimulate them with incentives when they assume responsible policies that transcend merely local approaches and bet on long-term processes, in line with with regional and global exercise efforts that seek to develop the vision of Science, Technology and Society with a framework of environmental responsibility.
It may interest you:
Ranking – Universities with the best salaries for undergraduate graduates in Colombia 2017
What are the higher education institutions with the best salaries for their recent undergraduate graduates in Colombia? At AulaPro we explore the institutions in
WHY STUDY A MASTER'S DEGREE IN SUSTAINABILITY?
Study a Master in Sustainability At the present moment, when the world demands the conscience of its official entities, companies, and society to establish balances and adjustments in socio-ecological systems, It is very much an invaluable mission, as well as being an opportunity to make a highly required professional differential.. A Master in Sustainability It offers the professional an innovative vision to provide solutions to the great objectives of the world, such as the improvement and elimination of gaps in education, work, health, hunger or poverty, among many others of high relevance.
Of the 5% of raw materials that become a product, 80% becomes waste in a matter of weeks. https://t.co/mm22svTJmk #sustainability #sustainability #sustainablebrands #circulareconomy #circulareconomy pic.twitter.com/duWtc6VtT8—SustainableBrandsBA (@SustainBrandsBA) November 24st
UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER A MASTER'S DEGREE IN SUSTAINABILITY IN COLOMBIA
The institutions that currently offer a postgraduate degree, with different approaches, at the master's level in Colombia are the following:
- Bolivarian Pontifical University: MASTER IN SUSTAINABILITY. Modality: VIRTUAL.
- Pontifical Javeriana University: MASTER IN MANAGEMENT OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY. Modality: PRESENTIAL.
- Pontifical Javeriana University: MASTER'S DEGREE IN ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY. Modality: PRESENTIAL.
- University extership of Colombia: MASTER'S DEGREE IN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY: Modality: PRESENTIAL.
- University jorge tadeo lozano: MASTER'S DEGREE IN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW AND SUSTAINABILITY. Modality: PRESENTIAL.
INTERESTS AND FIELDS OF ACTION OF A MASTER'S DEGREE IN SUSTAINABILITY
A Master in Sustainability It is an appropriate study for those professionals who are interested in acquiring skills in socio-ecological systems, implementing and evaluating sustainable solutions in fields such as engineering and technology, formulating sustainability policies in public, private and non-governmental entities, offering consulting and research. course in sustainability, develop sustainable investment models, or implement strategies and management of sustainable projects.
See this post on Instagram
@architectureprestige - The Interlace (2013) - Designed by OMA - Located in Singapore 🇸🇬 . . ❗️For more follow: @architectureprestige ❗️Comment thoughts below...📝 . . #amazing #Singapore #wow #architects #fashion #architecture #studio #luxury #prestige #education #bespoke #apartments #environmental #environment #friendly #sustainability #exterior #interior #best #satisfying
But perhaps, a great explanation of what kind of projection would have for a professional, studying a Master in Sustainability, would be to affirm that this will allow you to have the necessary skills to approach solutions, policies and projects that will help to comply one or more of the 17 goals of the 2030 Agenda, approved in 2015 by the United Nations. which tends to govern ambitious development programs worldwide with specific goals until the year 2030. With its adoption, each state acquires a commitment to have the necessary means for its implementation. through partnerships focused especially on the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable. The 17 goals are:
• Objective 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
• Objective 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
• Objective 3: Guarantee a healthy life and promote well-being for all at all ages.
• Objective 4: Guarantee inclusive, equitable and quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
• Objective 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
• Objective 6: Guarantee the availability of water and its sustainable management and sanitation for all.
• Objective 7: Guarantee access to affordable, secure, sustainable and modern energy for all.
• Objective 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
• Objective 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure. Promote greater social stability and achieve cities that are more resistant to climate change.
• Objective 10: Reduce inequality within and between countries.
• Objective 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
• Objective 12: Guarantee sustainable consumption and production patterns.
• Objective 13: Adopt urgent measures to combat climate change and its effects.
• Objective 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
• Objective 15: Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.
• Objective 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
• Objective 17: Revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
WHO CAN STUDY A MASTER'S DEGREE IN SUSTAINABILITY?
La Master in Sustainability It is an ideal postgraduate course for various professionals, who can focus or deepen aspects of sustainability in their various trades, such as:
• Social Sciences
• Natural Sciences
• Human Sciences
MOOCs courses you may like:
THE OPPORTUNITIES TO CONTRIBUTE PROVIDED BY A MASTER'S DEGREE IN SUSTAINABILITY
Each trade has a mission within a society. In the case of a postgraduate study in sustainability, the mission can transcend generations and contribute more than all of us, from our most altruistic, environmentally responsible spirit, could do. It is not only about contributing, but about transforming communities, companies, entities, NGOs.